GRANT AND SCHOLARSHIP
Eligibility & Deadlines
How to Apply
- Create an account
- Choose Grant or Scholarship based on requirements below. You are not eligible for both.
June 30 | August 31 | October 31
- Open to anyone who currently works or is interested in working in the specialized transportation or crane and rigging industry.
- Open to SC&RA member company employees.
- Courses or classes should be directly related to acquiring necessary skills to advance your career in the industry. (For example, diesel mechanics, welding, book keeping, driver school, crane operator certification, marketing, accounting)
- Grants submitted by June 30 will be reviewed at the end of July and announced in August.
- Course dates must not end prior to the review period or your application will not be considered.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year with deadlines the last day of every even month (i.e. Aug./Oct./Jan). For example, applications submitted in March and April will be reviewed in May.
- Your application must be submitted by the deadline to be considered elgibile.
- You will be required to provide a letter of recommendation to complete your application.
Course/Certification Options through ITI Or NCCCO
The SC&R Foundation has a new partnership with Industrial Training International (ITI) and National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) and will be awarding ITI courses or NCCCO certifications to grant applicants. Please review their course offerings and certification before you begin your application. You will be asked to provide the specific course as you complete the application.
Grant Selection & Disbursements:
Grant awards range from $1,000 - $5,000. If your course or class is more than $5,000 please provide information on how you will pay the remaining tuiition costs.
Winners must use the Award within 12 months or funds should be returned to the Foundation.
Award disbursements are made directly to the school on the students behalf. Awards are not provided to a company or individual.
Scholarship Deadline: January 2018Applications for 2017-2018 are no longer being accepted. Applications for 2018 will be availabile begining in October 2017.
- Applicants must be an employee of an SC&RA member company OR
- Applicants must be a direct relative (child, step child, spouse, grand child) of an employee of an SC&RA member company. (Search online SC&RA member directory here)
- Scholarships are awarded to applicants pursuing a 4 year degree or masters.
- Scholarships are also awarded to interns who are interning at an SC&RA member company.
- Full-time and Part-time students are eligible.
- Applicants should be interested in a career in the industry or currently employed by a company in the industry. For more information on careers, visit www.scr-foundation.org.
Scholarships range from $1,000 to $3,000. This amount is subject to Board approval and fund availability. Awards are dispersed to the recipient's school upon receipt of matriculation information.
Instructions for Completing an Application:
Step 1) Make sure to click on the signup button at the top of the page. Create and Account and select grant or scholarship. A Candidate is not elgibile for both.
Step 2) Once you complete the signup process, you'll get an email to confirm your registration. Make sure to check your spam box just in case! Please add us to your safe sender list so that you can continue to receive messages from us.
Step 3) Upload all application material on the site as per the instructions you'll see when you log in.
If you are looking for more information, feel free to visit our website at www.scr-foundation.org.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
About Us:The SC&R Foundation is committed to promote and benefit our industry worldwide, through grants, scholarships, research and educational initiatives. Founded in 1982 as a 501(C)3 organization, the Foundation has awarded over $300,000 to students and employees seeking a carreer or looking to advance thier careers specialzed transportation, crane, millwrighting and rigging.
If you have any technical questions about how to use the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the software application providers can help address your question.